Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trials and tribulations

This week has been a little tough. I can feel my comp getting more and more relaxed and the more love and care I try and show him the more relaxed he gets. I know, I need to be firm, but I hate contention in the companionship so much. And, president of the mission is so bad about confidential things... he always let's the other companion know, and my comp hates tattle tales.. It's ridiculous. I have thought and prayed a lot about what to do, and I've just decided to endure it. You should never have to endure a comp.. The mission is hard enough as it is. Comps should love and support one another but.. I guess I'm just not so lucky to get another Elder Fleurima. He was amazing. Seriously, I miss that guy. He called me the other day, and today elder Kimball called. I've got some great friends in the mission, and I'm gonna need them this transfer.

It's not that my comp is naturally a bad guy, he treats me fine actually. But he's not very obedient.. Like he has no problem with wasting time in a member's house watching a movie about tai kwan do... It's unfortunate, but I talked to him about it for the first time last night. It actually went well. I learned how to handle situations that I'm not comfortable with.. You just have to treat the comp with love and respect. I do love him, but he's just a little harder to love than some of my other comps. I wanna work, he wants to finish taking it easy, so we'll have to find a balance.

Anyway.. That's what we're looking at on my end right now. Thanks for the motivation. I needed to hear the reasons why president would throw me with a dying comp again..... I figure you're probably right. It's another test. A big one. Ha that's the mission.

As far as the area.. We arrived with 2 investigators. 2! I don't even know how that's possible. And in 5 transfers there hasn't been a baptism. President threw me another tough area. Ha I guess I'll have to do what I did in La Yaguita and change things. Elder Fuller, the elder that took my place there in La Yaguita, called me the other night and thanked me for leaving a good area. That was just more motivation to work like a maniac.

I have to admit, I am not obedient 100% of the time, but I do work hard. I do. So I will continue.

We met a man named Frank the other day in our tracting. He is amazing. I predict in 3 weeks he's gonna be ready for baptism.

I love the work. I love you two. I'll see you guys soon. about a year.. wow time flies. :)

Till next week, not a second wasted,

No comments:

Post a Comment