Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Now...a second wasted

Well, I don't know if you remember but we have P-day santiago once every 6 weeks (6 weeks in a transfer, every month and a half more or less). Ours was yesterday. So yes, I am fine, other than a little diarreah and a loooooong day yesterday, I feel really good. I went to pricemart in the morning to develop photos, eat a chicken roll (a calzone like thing with chicken, cheese, and ham, plus they give you ranch which is amazing because it really doesn't exist here). Then in the afternoon we went to the office, then to use internet for a bit, then back to the ole grind today. We planned and studied this morning, and now I'm here, writing you finally.

We didn't get back from santiago till 7 ish last night. It was a lot of walking.. and just a long day in general. Definitely not used to walking as much, my comp doesn't like to do much of it. I loved it in La Yaguita to be honest.. Maybe that was because of my comps or.. Actually I'm sure it was because of my comps, they were both pretty awesome. And worked.. Hard. I sometimes sort of break down in my prayers because I feel so guilty for wasting time. I have brought it up with my comp, told him I want to work harder, but he just... well he watches movies. It started out with church movies and now he's watching "the fast and the furious" and ninja assassin. And he has an Ipod with all kinds of great music.. like Jay-z and raggaeton. I want to help him. Any advice?

Anyway, my schedule as a real missionary is wake up at 6:30, exercise and eat breakfast, study from 7:30 - 8:30 personally, then at 8:30 start comp study till 10:30, leave, go proselyte till 12:00, eat, rest, then at 2:30 leave again until 9:30. Those 7 hours are pretty intense.. I always have to take a break at about 6:30 to eat something for dinner.. But that's when I was working hard. Now. Well. My day is wake up at 6:30, eat, study, then at 7:30 I check on my comp to see if he's awake, he never is, then I go study again, then at 8:30 my comp wakes up, so we study a little, then we stay in till 12, then eat something. At about 3:30 - 4:30 we leave (if it's a good day), go teach a couple people, then park ourselves in a member's house until about 9. Then we go home. And repeat. Hence why I spend some time just... thinking about the other days in my mission when my work made a difference in people. I feel terrible actually telling you about it.

I have a little less than 2 weeks left in the transfer. Pray for me. Maybe I can help him. I'll be damned (literally) if I don't try. So there it is.. The schedule of ole Elder Sweeney.

I'll be honest, I'm not completely unhappy. But Elder Kuhn, an elder who lives with us, is the reason why. I can talk to him about anything and just sort of.. vent. It's great. But, we're moving out tomorrow so I won't have that anymore, so again, pray for me. Please and thank you.

We had a conference tuesday with Elder Vinas from the first quorum of the 70. He's a really realistic man. I liked him, he didn't allow any nonsense from the ridiculous elders' questions. One asked him something just.. absolutely ridiculous that he answered in a way that made us all laugh. That's the way our leaders should be. Realists. Not in any way strange but at the same time very strange, because they are some of the only men in the world that are completely devoted to the work of the Lord. They are ensigns. And, I guess in a way in my selected area I should be too.

Also, we did an exchange yesterday to go to Santiago. It was with Elder Shapiro, who isn't getting along very well with his comp either... Like as in his comp punched him. Not good. Anyway he's got kind of a reputation for being super obedient, like law of moses obedient, which was actually like a breath of fresh air yesterday. I laughed more with him than I have in a long time.

Let's see.. I wish I had some cool stories to tell you about a miracle conversion but it's kinda hard to get those when you're not working. Time is moving pretty fast I guess.. Not near as fast as when I'm working but farely fast. Almost at a year. Just have 3 weeks left. And then I just do it all over again.

I love you two. I am so ready to move on from this transfer, but your words help me so much. I liked the part about "looking the lawyer part", I feel like you called preston old but I don't know if he'd deny it. Ha I am happy for your law firm. I didn't realize you had those other two in there. That's classy. My dad is classy. :)

And momma. I'm sorry work kinda sucks right now. I know that it will get better. It's just a matter of adjusting. You can't expect yourself to be amazing at something in the first month.. I thought I would have the language down in 6, but I'm still learning every day just how little I know. Really you've just begun, and after this year it'll be smooth sailin. Look for that summer to come fast.. Cuz it will.

I will be seein ya in a short 12 months... wow where did the last 6 go? Holy cow..

Till next week, now a second wasted,

-Elder C. Rufus Sweeney

P.S. I saw that vicky cowger had sent me a message on facebook so I told her through facebook to send me an email. Just so you don't have a heart attack momma. Ha I'm really not a bad missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment