Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Little Miracle

Ok, next week for sure I will send pictures. This week has been a little crazy, like we played basketball and stuff, so I haven't been able to go by the house and get the camera. Don' worry, next week is sure. And I have a lot of pics to send too.

Wow. That. Letter.. Was.... Wow. It really hit me. Hard. I saw it. My trip home. I saw it in front of my eyes. I saw it with my eyes. I felt it with my heart. It's so close. Wow.

Well, this transfer is blowing by. We had a baptism last saturday, that was really neat. I got to see the young man that my trainer was teaching get baptised. We really saw the Lord's hand in that. He was a gift. I don't know if it was the Lord's little way of reminding us why we were working hard or because the Lord just REALLY wanted Argenis baptised so he could go on a mission, but it was a gift nonetheless. I'll send pictures of that next week.

The apoyo got here. It was a crazy week. Each day of the week we were scraping by. Last Thursday we went in to see Elder Fuller to get a small amount of money to try to survive, but that was gone by saturday, and the funds we supposed to get here on Tuesday. Friday night, when every last peso was gone, I prayed that someone would come along to help us. I don't know if I've prayed that hard very much in my life. It was silly, but really there was nothing left in the house and there was no money. Well, lo and behold an old missionary that served here that I barely knew showed up at the front door at about 1:00 in the afternoon. He never told me he was coming by, he didn't NEED to show up, heck I barely knew the guy in the mission, but there he was, Nick de la France. He offered me help and I saw that as the answer to my prayer. He gave me a little bit of money, which lasted me exactly till the funds got here on Wednesday. It's amazing how the Lord knows his children. You can call in coincidence, but I just can't believe in that anymore.

Well family, I can't wait to get home soon. I am pumped to see you two. It'll be more than just you two that I see in a bit. Ha Joy, I am looking to seeing you two, and getting to know your sons again. I love you.

Be safe, be good, keep eating healthy, we'll see you soon.

till next week, not a second wasted,

Elder C. Rufus Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment