Sunday, April 22, 2012

Elder Sweeney becomes a "grandpa"!

Ok.. Wow this week has been pretty average but today has been really intense.

Curt Clausson was able to find me. We spent the good part of this afternoon together. Ironically enough, I was able to use the white shirts that he bought me right off the bat because I spilled ice cream on my shirt first thing.

He is a great man though. Really sincere and down to earth. He has a lot of wisdom that I want to break into but we barely had any time to talk. But I did.. Talk to Cameron for a bit. I wanted to see how he was and if he was going to be ok, how he was reacting to everything, what exactly happened, how the mission was, and everything in between. We talked for about an hour. Then Curt brought us upstairs and talked to us for a bit. Make sure and let him know that I really would be interested in sitting and talking to him more. I really do admire him.

Our investigators are doing ok. We are going to have to postpone the baptism from this saturday because the guy went to stake conference but it was full so he just turned around and left. I was a little mad, but it's all good.

So, transfers are a week from today, but som really exciting news is that Elder Johnson, my first son, is GOING TO GET A KID! I will be a grandpa. That was cool. I get to leave with my grandson the first day, or at least meet him his first day here. I'll probably give him a tie or something.. At least a grandpa like hug.

So that's been the big news from this week. I am getting a tad.. a bit.. a tidge.. But only a tidge.... trunky. I don't want it to happen yet, but I figure transfers will break me out of it. They usually do.

My comp and I had an intense photo shoot today. It only lasted about an hour, but we were put into eagle's mouths, imitating statues, and thrown into all kinds of situations. It was fun. I'll send the results later when I have the time.

I feel good though momma. Don't worry. I'm not depressed. Far from it. I feel great. As far as the mission goes, as far as the health goes.. Well I'm a little hoarse. Ok a lot hoarse. Like I've had an ongoing cold for a while, but now I feel good and I just don't have much of a voice. But I'm ok. I sound like a giant though, my voice is really intense.

We get to talk in a couple weeks, huh? That's coming up fast. Super fast. I'll let you know as soon as I can where I'll be and how we'll skype. It'll be the last time in the mission! Crazy.

I love you two. I don't remember if there was anything that I missed, hope not, but that's crazy about the tornadoes.

I'll be home for Christmas... Oh and one more thing. I don't know when you were planning to go to Europe, but have it be after the 24th of October if possible. There is something that I want to do with cameron, ok?

Be safe, be good, Love you,

Till next week, not a second wasted,

Elder C. Rufus Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment