Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Leading the District...and other fun stuff

I guess the big news of the week came yesterday when we found out about transfers. They mentioned that I was staying with my son, which was of no surprise, but also announced that I'm DL. I'm a little nervous about it, because they had said they wouldn't make trainers DLs also, but I feel confident I can do it.

Anyway, that's beside that matter. AN EARTHQUAKE??? Seriously?? Wow I'm really impressed. I had no idea Oklahoma had the potential to GET an earthquake. They seem to be more and more common now-a-days. Seems like we're in extra innings as far as the coming of Jesus Christ. Ha I hope he lets me get married first.

Well... I'm glad no one was hurt.

I've never fasted more on the mission. I have fasted for all kinds of things lately and it seems that it's working. The more one sacrifices for the Lord, the more one is blessed. It's, as you say, the law of the harvest. Those who reap, sow. Simple as that.

This last week Fernando got sick with the chicken pox. I did have that right? So I'm immuned? Ha hope so. So it's been an interesting week as far as investigators go. Carlos is doing great.. I hate throwing names out there without explaining who they are, but just know that he's doing well.. haha and we met a family in the area book that were old investigators and the missionaires stopped teaching them because he worked every sunday and it was impossible for him to go to church. But, we passed by and now he has a different job. We'll see what happens.

We have that baptism Saturday. I am way excited! I love a baptism, it get's me way motivated. I'm glad, even though the mission is pretty tough, that it still baptizes quite a bit. There are tough areas everywhere, but it seems like there are waaaay more in Europe and the U.S. I actually feel bad for those elders that pass through Ada. I want to help them out all I can when I get back.

I'm happy for Matt.. a lot of prayers and fasting went into him getting that job, whether he knows it or now. ;) I'm proud of my big bro.

I think the story of the week for me though was you taking jake to the football game. That didn't just leave an impact on him, that had eternal importance to that young man. He is so good, I want him to serve a mission VERY VERY FAR. Ha I can't wait to see him, be it 3 years or 1 year from now, he's gonna be so different. Maybe taller? Ok definitely different in the face.

Tell carly to get her butt in gear. I'm reactivating her when I get back dag nab it. I'm tired of youth going inactive. Just make it past like.. 20 and you're good! Jeesh..

I feel bad because my letters are kinda.. Weak, but I promise that it's not because I'm trying to be neglegent, I think of you and pray for you all often. I cannot believe.. Wow I have so little time left. I'll take full advantage, don't worry.

Love you two, till next week, not a second wasted,

Elder C. Rufus Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment