Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting A Dose of Reality in the DR

Well, it was a fine week here. It was just as any other I suppose, except I talked with you two and... well yeah that's pretty much it. I didn't ever go on an exchange with Elder Pinkston (that'll be next Monday) because I sort of just fell sick. I know, I was fine on skype with you, but after I got a fever and chills. Don't worry though, by the next day that was gone and all that stayed with me was a cough and stuffy nose. I'm just about over that too.

Like you said, I felt like that was a good skype session. I felt like it was a lot different from Christmas. At Christmas it still felt like I had an eternity left on my mission, and now it felt like coming home was soon. And it is... relatively speaking. It felt like you guys had a different attitude this time. Like you were just checking in.. Not like we were catching up on everything. It was nice, it told me that you had the same mentality as me. We are going to be together soon, so we'll just talk then.

I will ask Elder Pinkston what his parents' phone number is the next time I see him. We have the exchange next monday so by then I'll have it.

Today was a really great p-day. We played basketball, and then all went to papa johns and got their lunch special (it's a little expensive, definitely not something you can do everyday, but it was reeeeallly tasty) then went shopping and got a hair cut. We took the traditional afternoon nap and now.. I'm writing you. It was great though because yesterday was a reaaally tough day. Like.. I know it's really routine that missionaries get doors slammed in their face, but I can count on one hand the times it's happened to me on my mission. Yesterday it happened three times. Slammed in our face. Ha it was painful, but I just need to suck it up because there are missionaries that suffer WAAAAY more than me (I'm thinking about Europe... or the USA). I need to remember that when I'm with the missionaries in Ada.

I really am getting close now. It's hard to believe. Does it really come to an end? Crazy.

Let's see. Oh, it's really hot here again. Like I'm remembering last summer and just how hot it got in La Yaguita. That was the trial. Leaving on time in this heat.. takes some serious determination.

Love you guys. Glad to see grandpa so smiley getting his hair cut. And of course, glad to see you enjoying your chocolate cake and milkshakes.... jerks.

See you soon,

Till next week, not a second wasted,

Elder C. Rufus Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment