Friday, March 18, 2011

3-2-11 #2

The other day we went over to that ideal family. They had their usual good questions but one really weird one. He asked why we give a tenth of our income for tithing even though it says in the bible that we are supposed to give 10 pesos.. or dollars... which makes absolutely no sense except in the bible it doesn't explicitally say 1/10. But we couldn't seem to make it clear enough for him.. he just would not accept that we pay 1/10 of our income to the kingdom of God. So finally elder carpenter looks at the bible that he had, notices it's one of those "new translated" versions that's super simplified for people, and that was the bible Carpenter used to prove our point. It actually said 1/10... So my companion used an apostasy bible to prove our point.

So I think that's all for this week. Here's a couple pictures, i don't have my camera with me this week :/

I love you both. I am so happy I get to stay in Fantino and see the progression of the people I've worked so hard to maintain. I love the work, love the people, love the scriptures and love the Lord.

I'll see you guys in 1 year and 7 months,

but till next week, not a second wasted,

elder c. rufus sweeney


No comments:

Post a Comment