Sunday, December 18, 2011

Good News and Bad News....

So what´s the bad news, you´re asking? Well basically just the fact that I couldn't write you yesterday. And the good news? There's a lot of that. I have lots of pictures for you! I finally found someone with a connection. Yesterday we went up to Constanza to climb a mountain (which I am STILL just EXHAUSTED from), and got back latish, so I didn't have time to write. So now I'm writing you today. It was so amazing, and actually legitimately cold. I have to say, the Elders in my district, Elder Fleurima (yes, if that sounds familiar it should, it's the brother of the hatian comp I had a couple months ago) and Elder Ruiz are just awesome. We had a blast climbing up to the peak where the divino niño is, and taking pictures along the way. I have to say, the hike itself was really tough. I am definitely not in the shape I was at the house. As fun as it was, I am feeling it today. My comp and I could barely get out of bed. And, we were a little broke from the trip (it's a little expensive to travel to Constanza, and it wasn't reemborsable yesterday), but it's all good because apoyo arrives tomorrow, so I'll get along just fine.

And what else on the good news front? Well, let me just say I'm staying in Bonao 2 more transfers. Yes, I got another call from President last Friday and I will be training another new missionary right here en la ciudad de Dios. I am really pumped and all, but training is tough. I will liken having to train 4 transfers unto a steak dinner.. It is as though someone served me a huge steak dinner, baked potato, salad and Dr. Pepper and I loved every bite, stuffing myself to the brim.. Then having them bring me another plate of the same thing and having me eat that too. I felt so great about Elder Johnson, thought everything was just perfect and complete, and that I'd be leaving Bonao and going to another city for new adventures and a new comp.. But that's not what the Lord had in mind. And so I prayed... I prayed like I haven't prayed for a long time for strength to regain my super energy level like that when Elder Johnson got here.. And I feel really great. I feel like I'm ready.

This go around I am going to do some things differently. Instead of trying to load up the new missionary with everything all at once, I will take advantage of the full 12 weeks with him and make him feel comfortable. He will be here right around Christmas time, which is tough enough as it is, and so I will make a special effort to make him feel comfortable at that time. Make him a nice dinner and such. If you could send me a good, easy recipe for cinnamon rolls that wouldn't involve a mixer (and I don't know if they have frozen bread here...) that would be awesome! I want to coordinate that with the Zone Leaders also.

I loved hearing that Grandpa's surgery went so well, but the fact that his memory is going so fast is so strange. And sad. It'll be a miracle if he recognizes me when he gets back.

And that's the biggest news. Oh and we've got 2 baptisms this saturday. Fernando, a young man of 22 years and Hansel, a little kid of 10 years that lives with a family who are all members. That's gonna be the house I eat at on Christmas Eve.

My comp and I are pumped about that baptism. I'll be taking lots of pics of that too and try and send them asap, but for now this is all you're getting... BWA HAHAHAHA

Be safe, I love you two. Tell Grampa Rufus I love him too, if he remembers me it may mean more. And of course tell Grandma and Grandpa Scott hey and I love them too. Hope they're still there. And Grandma Sweeney, I love her too. Jeez I'm so lucky all my grandparents are still around.

Well, I'm gonna get ready. My new kid comes by next Wednesday, and I still have a couple things I want to do with my first born in the wilderness before we part.

I'll let you know how my next son is when I meet him.

Till next week, now a second wasted,

Elder C. Rufus Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment